Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Resident Care is responsible for the nursing dept. (in a unionized environment) and ensures that nursing services are provided in a manner that focuses on resident satisfaction and rights. This position collaborates with the Medical Director and staff, on a regular basis to plan and evaluate resident care, oversees resident placement and programs, and ensures compliance of long term care act. This is to cover a sick leave of no less than six months and indeterminate after that.
The Director of Resident Care should demonstrate:
• An understanding of best practices as they apply to long term care
• An understanding of the Long Term Care Homes Act 2007, and other applicable legislation
• An understanding of Public Reporting through CIHI
• An understanding of continuous quality improvement
• Policy development and review
• Current CNO registration
• Five years experience as a registered nurse
• Three years of supervisory experience in a geriatric, rehabilitation, or LTC facility, preferable in a unionized environment
• Strong computer skills
• Post-graduate studies in geriatrics and/or nursing administration
• Experience with PointClickCare- LTC software
• Sound knowledge of RAI/MDS and clear understanding of related reports.
• Plan, direct and supervise the overall nursing program for residents within the facility
• Ensure compliance with all relevant municipal, provincial and federal acts and regulations governing homes for the aged.
• Oversee the drug administration program administered by all registered staff
• Maintain medical and nursing records in compliance with established regulations
• Keep regular contact with residents to ensure a high quality of care
• Available for 24/7 on call
Interested candidates should forward their resume to:
Chief Executive Officer